Real Estate License
Would it be better if I get my real estate licenses prior to joining to House Academy?
You do not need a real estate license to start.
I do not have a license. So far it is not necessary. Once you have the purchase agreement locked in, one can assigned it,or do a double closed the deal. The land academy has plenty of websites to help us assign these deals which alleviates a burden for newbies and experienced investors.
I recommend NOT getting your license. This is for a several reasons:
1. Cost - both time and money.
2. It will slow you down from the most important thing - sending your first mailer.
3. You will have to unlearn a bunch of stuff that you learned when getting your license as the paradigms are different.
4. Some of your sellers will want to sell to you because you are NOT a Realtor. You MUST disclose you are a Realtor if you have a license. This may cost you deals.
5. Getting your real estate license sets you on a course that will fight for your attention. It's easy to think, "I'll sell houses on the side while I invest as well." And then, you've got split focus as you find a broker, set up your Realtor web presence, get Realtor business cards, field the hundreds of vendors selling stuff to you now that you are a Realtor. All this is a huge waste of time and money. If you simply get your first mailer out, you'll be talking directly with people who want to sell you their home right now, and you can and should close the deal with no Realtors involved.
Just my opinion. Hope it helps!